nothing new


i slip into twenty-two
and fall into satin sheets.
a place to rest my head alone
the same as i did at eighteen.

only this time my lips have finally met circumstance,
a memory of one night only.
blooming red in my veins 
as the earth makes her way around.
the brightest my eyes have been since october of '16.

a whiter smile
followed by an even mightier song 
being shouted in shivering rooms
with courage in my lungs.
this crowded room squeezes my insides
until i break from laughter
and forget twenty-one.

the woman in the mirror is the same as yesterday.
another age buried in my alabaster chest
lies a heart still naive and golden
that shines in eyes like honey.
a cherry face dressed in a smile so loud
the ghosts shift awake.

i write into twenty-two.
the same as i will until it's nothing new.

Comments

Follow The Curiosity!

Curiosity Recommends...